Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keeping it Simple...



I saw this commuter earlier. I think he was on a boy's mountain bike - 20" wheels. He was short enough that the bike was still ok to ride. I don't think I'd fit on that frame. I'd need a seatpost that'll be way too long and the top tube will be too short for me. But it's a good example of what I want to get. If I get a custom frame, I'll like to make the following adjustments:

1) Slightly longer chainstays
2) Taller head tube and seat tube - hence the top tube rises proportionately. This makes the front triangle larger.
3) Custom frame bag for the front triangle. This guy has some cardboard box tied with string, which also works.
4) Twin-top tubes, so that I can stash the front wheel in the front triangle for mixed mode travel.
5) Semi-horizontal chainstays so I can run with gears or SS.
6) Lightweight bike bag for mixed mode commutes.
7) Seatpost rack that doubles as rear fenders.

Basically a BMX for adults.

No comments: